As you probably know, most companies out there are solely business and profit kind of enterprises, looking out for themselves and their share holders, which is why Street-fashion.net supports indie designers and eco-fashion companies that either erase their own carbon footprint or contribute somehow to the greater good.
A few larger than usual companies that do good have come to our attention recently and we were pretty surprised by some. Check out some of these brands and find out more about what they do to help out the world with every sale!
- Lipstick (Mac): Pop icon, Nicki Minaj, has collaborated with the popular cosmetics brand to create VIVA GLAM—two lipsticks and two glosses (priced at $15/each) in which every cent of the selling price goes toward helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Cell Phones (GIV Mobile): The rise of smart phones turned cell phones from a utility to an accessory. GIV Mobile is the first consumer conscious wireless service that is dedicated to donating 8% of monthly “Unlimited Everything” plans, or $50 annually, to up to three non-profit charities of the customer’s choice. GIV Mobile works with various organizations such as the Alzheimer’s Association, Doctors Without Borders, Scholarship America, the Red Cross and many more. The new service allows customers to effortlessly donate to charity every month just by using their cell phone and operates on the dependable 4G network of T-Mobile USA, Inc.
- Shoes (TOMS):The popular shoe brand is known for their one to one rule—every time a pair of shoes is bought, another pair is donated to someone in need. TOMS has donated shoes in over 50 different countries. TOMS’ eyewear also has helped restore sight to over 13 different countries around the world.
- Hats (Krochet Kids): Krochet Kids International provides jobs, education, and mentorships to women in Northern Uganda and Peru with one simple accessory—a woven hat. The products created abroad have been well received in the United States. Each hat is signed by who creates it in Uganda or Peru, making every hat unique and hand crafted.
- Eyeglasses (Warby Parker): The Company’s mission is to create and sell stylish eyeglasses at reasonable prices, while helping those less fortunate around the world gain access to prescription glasses. Through a partnership with VisionSpring, the company guarantees that for every pair of glasses sold another pair will be donated to someone in need. The styles are vintage-inspired and start at $95.
- Ties (FIGS Ties): FIGS Ties are made with high quality wools, silks, cashmere, cotton and linen in vintage-inspired and sophisticated styles. Through its “threads for threads” program every tie sale provides a school uniform to an underprivileged child in Africa. The uniforms are distributed in Eastern Africa, across over 100 schools within Kenya and Tanzania.