Men can be so hard to shop for, and I hate to generalize like that but the few men that are in my life are notoriously difficult so I can only base it off of that. I usually end up getting them jam or marmalade, chocolate, a scented soap? I’m always at a loss. They often only want things I can’t afford like a $3000 Gravel Bike or a Hasselblad camera. Sorry guys.
However, I have been doing research this year so my gifting game is on point! First, make sure you’re not getting the wrong person the wrong type of thing, like, maybe it’s awkward to get your uncle underwear, so maybe consider getting them something practical like a gift card to a hardware store or carwash.
Here are my top 10 picks:
1. Mackenzie & Park Men’s boxer briefs
MACKENZIE & PARK Men’s boxer briefs are the perfect combination of comfort and style. They are made with a silky smooth fabric that is soft on the skin and won’t ride up when you walk. The elastic waistband is comfortable and not too tight. The boxer briefs also offer extra length, which is perfect for taller men.
- Silky smooth fabric that is soft on the skin
- Doesn’t ride up when you walk
- Comfortable waistband
- Extra length
- Bold colors
- Can be a bit expensive but they will last years!
Every time I’ve spent a little more on underwear for myself or my partner, they last the longest and in the same condition as new, and I’m not a pro at washing clothes carefully. Quality does matter and buying quality saves you money in the long run.
Overall, Mackenzie and Park Men’s boxer briefs are a high-quality product that is worth the price. They are comfortable, stylish, and durable. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new pair of boxer briefs.
Having given them as a gift myself, I would rate the Mackenzie and Park Men’s boxer briefs a 5 out of 5 stars!
2. Car Wash Gift Card or Membership
A car wash membership can be a thoughtful and practical gift for many reasons. Here are some of the benefits of giving a car wash membership as a gift:
- Convenience: A car wash membership makes it easy and convenient to keep a car clean. With a membership, the recipient can wash their car as often as they like without having to worry about paying each time.
- Cost savings: Car wash memberships can often save money in the long run, especially for those who wash their cars frequently.
- Protecting the car: Regular car washes help to protect a car’s paint and finish from dirt, grime, and other pollutants. This can help to extend the life of the car and keep it looking its best.
- Environmental benefits: Many car wash facilities use recycled water and eco-friendly cleaning products. This can help to reduce the environmental impact of car washing.
- A thoughtful gift: A car wash membership shows that you care about the recipient and their car. It’s a practical gift that they will appreciate.
In addition to these benefits, a car wash membership can also be a fun and relaxing experience. The recipient can enjoy the feeling of a clean car and take some time for themselves.
Overall, a car wash membership is a great gift for anyone who owns a car. It’s a practical, thoughtful, and appreciated gift that will be enjoyed for months to come.
3. Hot Sauce Set from Heatonist
This was the best gift I’ve gotten my partner in years and months later, he still has them all because you don’t need to use much to make your food spicy or perk up a recipe. I also got a small shelf for the kitchen counter to display them on which has been a colorful addition to our space!
The Heatonist gathers the best and most interesting hot sauces from around the country – an amazing gift for any lover of spicy food!
Their gift boxes range in size from small to large, depending on your budget and how often you think they’ll be used. Don’t worry about getting too many however, I’ve never seen a hot sauce expire in my house!
This is a bit of an easy one but hear me out. Vintage tools are cool, not for people to use but some guys just like to hang them in their garage for decoration. My favorite tool (that I do use) is my 100 year old screwdriver and it’s cool to have old technology lying around.
If you don’t know what to get vintage, just get them a gift card to their favorite hardware store!
They’ll have the option of getting a tool, supplies like wood, paint or other fun projects they’ve been meaning to do. Use the card as a hint that they need to finish a project but remember that ultimately the money is theirs to do what they want – it is a gift after all!
If none of that sounds good a huge rolling toolbox with a work surface is a sure bet. Even if they have one, if the garage is at all messy, they need another. Some of them have integrated USB ports, lighting, plugs for tools and more!
6. Gift Card to Their Favorite Restaurant
A gift card to a person’s favorite restaurant is a thoughtful and practical gift that is sure to be appreciated. Here are a few reasons why:
- It shows that you care about their interests. You took the time to find out what restaurant they love, which shows that you pay attention to their preferences.
- It’s a gift they can use again and again. Unlike a physical gift that they may only use once or twice, a gift card to their favorite restaurant is something they can enjoy over and over again.
- It’s a convenient way to treat themselves. Sometimes people don’t want to spend their own money on going out to eat, even if they really want to. A gift card takes the guesswork out of it and lets them enjoy a meal without worrying about the cost.
- It’s a great way to support local businesses. Many restaurants are small businesses that rely on the support of their community. By giving a gift card to a local restaurant, you’re helping them stay in business and thrive.
In addition to these benefits, a gift card to a person’s favorite restaurant is also a very versatile gift. It’s appropriate for any occasion, from birthdays and holidays to graduations and job promotions. And, because it’s a gift card, they can use it to order whatever they want, whether it’s a special occasion meal or a casual weeknight dinner.
No matter who you’re giving it to, a gift card to their favorite restaurant is a surefire way to show them that you care. Make the gift card a couple hundred dollars if you can so they can go more than once!
7. A Paper Wallet
This one might be controversial but I’ve noticed what men hate more than anything is carrying stuff. And if they keep their wallet in their back pocket, they don’t want something bulky. Tyvek wallets made from recycled products are long lasting, come in lots of cool designs, and aren’t as cliche as a dusty old brown leather wallet. They come in tons of designs and hold as many cards as a person needs.
8. A Gift Card to a Bookstore
Not everyone has time to read but everyone says they want to. A gift card for a bookstore still has a lot of options besides Shakespeare, they can buy books about their hobbies, comic books, books about beer and hot sauce, stationery for work, language learning books – so many practical things for relaxing or education!
You can also support small book stores this way and avoid giving money to places like Amazon!
9. Coffee Club
Not everyone likes coffee but those who do usually REALLY like coffee and appreciate good tasting stuff. If you do just a small amount of research you can find coffee roasters that offer conflict free, ethical and organic coffee, three things that matter to most!
10. Workout Equipment
This can range anywhere from free weights to kettle balls, to stationary bikes to pullup bars. It all depends on your space and your budget but most men will appreciate it and since I got my boyfriend a full pullup bar workout center for Christmas last year I can verify that not only does it get used daily but I can see the difference! I try and use it but man am I a weakling. I’m trying though at least!
I hope this list was helpful and covers at least one man on your shopping list! Guy’s don’t seem to mind getting gift cards as much as some people, however you may have to take them to use it if they don’t like buying things for themself!
Have a great holiday season and here is a list of companies to avoid. Shop local and small businesses whenever possible!