Image Source: Pixabay
The dreary winter’s finally here! Apart from exuding the winter blues, this time of the year can feel like a drag. You don’t even feel like getting out of bed, let alone dressing up.
But, fret not for certain simple wardrobe changes will ensure that the gloomy winter does not get in the way of you dressing chic.
Keeping up with your appearance during the dull frosty weather can be an uphill battle. However, by putting in a tad bit more effort, dressing up during the inclement weather won’t seem difficult anymore.
One look at the pictures of street chic winter fashion outfits and you will probably feel inspired to get a sleek and pulled-together look for this winter.
Still not sure how to dress chic in the cold weather?
Here are a few street fashion trends for the winter that you should consider.
- Go Ahead and Pile on the Layers
Not only is layering a mammoth trend this winter, it is also one of the most practical ways to keep warm when it’s freezing outside.
In fact, J.Crew, a specialty fashion retailer, has turned layering into something between an art and a science.
The following tips and tricks can help you become a layering pro:
- Stick to one family of color. For instance, if you’re going for a neutral color, then keep it neutral throughout the ensemble.
- Remember, proportion plays an immensely important role in dressing well. The hem of your coat should not extend too far below the hem of your dress, unless the latter is almost to the ground.
- Opt for mixed-and-matched prints including, stripes and checks or plaids and polka dots. Just remember to keep the colors and the tone similar in order to put the look together.
- Consider textural changes. Try and team a light and a heavy garment together. If you are going for a light-weight t-shirt, for instance, pair it with something heavy such as a cashmere coat.
- If you’re not in the mood to wear too many accessories, a simple scarf can come to your rescue and add a great finishing touch to your outfit.
Style Your Clothes the Right Way
Getting your look right is all about styling your clothes in the right manner. If you can do that, you can make your outfit look special.
Moreover, being fashionable is not about following fads blindly. It’s about developing your own sense of style. Here are a few winter style tips that can take your winter wardrobe notches higher instantly.
- If you are planning to wear a black-colored outfit, consider teaming it up with a bright-colored coat and a pair of booties. That is, perhaps, one of the quickest ways to creating a chic winter style statement. Also, don’t forget to accessorize.
- Puffer jacket is a winter necessity. But you can further enhance its look by wearing it with a pair of skinny jeans and a cozy sweater. You can easily find puffer jackets made of cozy synthetics rather than down.
- Are you going for a shearling look? In that case, try faux shearling and team it up with a cross-body bag to achieve a stellar look.
- Team your fuzzy coat with a pair of wide-leg pants to enhance its vintage flair.
- In order to reflect your personality through your clothing, consider donning colored scarves this winter. You can also opt for checked ones, also, hand knitted ones are making a comeback.
- If you wish to go for a more playful look, then opt for prints such as houndstooth patterns, reptile skin motifs, and animal or floral prints as they can add youthfulness to your look.
Outstanding Boots Take the Cake
Apart from making a style statement, winter boots can prove to be extremely functional.
You can choose from among an array of fashionable boot styles such as biker boots, ankle boots, or OTK (over the knee) boots.
- Biker boots – They look great with casuals. You can choose between big or small buckles, studs, or more delicate pleather adornments. Team them up with a pair of skinny pants or leggings, an oversized knit or jacket and they will, undoubtedly, look chic.
- Ankle boots – You can wear them with a skirt or a pair of pants as they can be worn casually for more dressy events. For an uber-cool look, choose a stiletto ankle boot.
- Over the knee boots – When worn correctly, they can look sophisticated. You can team them up with opaque tights, tight pants, pleather leggings, short dresses, or jeans. Add a beautiful coat, knit, or cape, to enhance the look.
Other Trendy Options You Should Consider
- Nothing vitalizes a winter look quite like bright colors do. So, opt for bright colors when it comes to your coats, knits, or scarves.
- Wearing your long coat day-after-day all winter will get boring after a while. However, you can make your coat look different and enhance its visual appeal by belting it, which will provide the much-needed change.
- You can liven up your winter outfits by adding faux fur to it. Embrace faux fur and consider investing in a topper, vest or stole, collars, or mittens made from it.
- Winter is the perfect time to experiment with scarves. Instead of wrapping a scarf around your neck, go for a retro look this season. Consider wrapping it around your head or belt it on top of your jacket.
- If you don’t wish to spend a lot on winter wear, consider browsing through freebie websites. Chances are that you may get something good for your winter wardrobe without spending a penny. Looking for freebies is definitely worth your time and effort.
Just because the temperature has plummeted, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t play your fashion game. All you need to do is put in a little bit more effort and think creatively when getting dressed. Great style is possible even in the depressing winter weather. So, don’t you retreat to boring fleece and clunky outfits! It’s time to shake the dust off of the dull winter and pep yourself up. Follow the aforementioned tips and beat the winter funk in style.
Korie Cantor is a blogger who has been working as a freelance writer for a long time and also writes regular articles for Freebies. She possesses a great sense of style and loves to share her thoughts about fashion and latest trends.